Drinkaware at Work - Alcohol Awareness Face-to-Face Workshop
An innovative delivery model that engages up to 160 learners in one day.
Designed to deliver 4 x 1hr sessions with a capacity of up to 160 learners per day. This provides employers and employees with a full programme and lots of opportunity to ask questions.
The flexible and interactive sessions incorporates physical tools such as calorie and unit calculator and alcohol unit measuring cup which participants take away at the end of the session.
All employees are given the opportunity to complete their own alcohol self-assessment in their workbook or by using our online tool. The one-hour interactive group session teaches employees everything they need to know about alcohol.
Supporting wellbeing content will be provided following the training. For more information check out our FAQs section.
Duration: 1 day (4 x 1 hr sessions)
Hosting: Drinkaware expert
How does it work?
For organisations that can accommodate face-to-face training, Drinkaware can deliver group workshops in the workplace or offsite.
These sessions are led by an expert instructor and include:
1. One-hour interactive group session delivering everything your employees need to know about alcohol. From improving their understanding of alcohol units to increasing their awareness of the impact of alcohol on their health and wellbeing at work. Through evidence-based, impartial advice, your team is empowered to make better choices about their own drinking.
2. It incorporates physical tools such as our calorie and unit calculator and alcohol unit measuring cup which all participants can take away at the end of the session.
3. All employees are given the opportunity to complete their own alcohol self-assessment - physically in their workbook, or by using our online tool. The workshops also provide the opportunity to share best practice and discuss the moderation techniques suggested in the session.
Following the training we will also provide your HR or internal communications team with a 12 month programme of content. This content follows the NHS calendar of national health and wellbeing campaigns and will cover topics such as Alcohol’s impact on mental health, sleep, cancer, blood pressure and general health and wellbeing. It will be for use on an organisation’s intranet and will include PDFs packed with interesting information along with relevant videos and infographics.
Benefits of the face-to-face session
• The face-to-face workshop is great as part of an employee wellbeing programme or part of an induction for new staff
• We can deliver the sessions to small groups or even individuals if required
• These workshops are perfect for workers who do not have easy access to computers or laptops
What will they learn?
Module one: helps employees understand the facts about alcohol from what constitutes an alcohol unit to the Chief Medical Officers low risk drinking guidelines.
Module two: provides learners with a clear understanding of the impact of alcohol on their health and wellbeing at work.
Module three: focuses on the impact of alcohol in relation to work, here driving and dissipation of alcohol is covered and tips and ideas on how to moderate drink concludes the session.
There's a 10% discount for Drinkaware funders.
If you want to speak to us about any specific requirements for your organisation, please get in touch at email@example.com
The Alcohol Awareness Course can be delivered in other formats to suit your organisation’s needs. These include:
2. Train the Trainer
3. Virtual workshop