The Drinkaware logo is used to sign-post the general public to the Drinkaware website, where they can find information and advice about alcohol, learn about its effects on their health and wellbeing and get suppport to drink less. Use of the logo is a widely recognised way of demonstrating an organisation's commitment to the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol.
Our logo is a registered trademark, therefore any organisation that wishes to refer to Drinkaware, or the Drinkaware website, must obtain prior consent from us by entering into a Trademark Licence Agreement.
There is a licence cost payable for use of the Drinkaware logo, which varies depending on the size and type of your organisation.
We will only enter into a trademark licence agreement with organisations that:
- Promote the Chief Medical Officers' (CMOs') low risk drinking guidelines
- Comply with The Portman Group and Advertising Standards Authority codes of practice, which govern the packaging and promotion of alcohol in the UK
Use of the Drinkaware logo is voluntary but is considered best practice by Government, major trade associations and the wider industry.
To apply for a Trademark Licence Agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7766 9900
The Drinkaware logo cannot be displayed on:
- Promotions that encourage consumption above the CMOs' low risk guidelines
- Imagery or materials that promote the desirability or acceptability of drunkenness.
- Lobbying materials to change alcohol policy.
If you see the Drinkaware logo being used inappropriately, please call 020 7766 9900 or email email@example.com
Drinkaware expects its licence holders to use the logo in compliance with the law and voluntary codes. The Drinkaware logo is a prompt for consumers and is not intended to endorse products or brands.
Drinkaware reserves the right to withdraw use of its logo at any time.